Ask Dr. Miller: What is Presence?

Airdate: May 20, 2010

Bobbie Burdett is a life coach, a trainer of life coaches, director of training for Health World online. The focus of her coaching is authenticity.

Among the fascinating things we will explore will be the field of Social Neurobiology? The work of Dan Seigel in this field has verified what many of us have believed all along, that It’s impossible to truly address the health and well-being of an individual simply by treating the mind and the body – that interpersonal relationships are of crucial importance. After all, the human infant – at birth the human brain is only 25% formed, the other 75% forms as a result of pathways laid down by social interactions – with family, school, community, etc.

We’ll learn about the central importance of the sensing dimension which has been suppressed in so many of us, look at the mind as a process that regulates the flow of energy within the brain and body as if functioning as an internal GPS guiding us down a neural super-highway. We’ll also talk a little bit about Positive Psychology, and the role of the newly discovered “ mirror neurons” that give rise to empathy – and how healing this dimension is maybe the deciding factor in personal and community health and wellness.

Bobbie is very upbeat and fun to listen to. Be ready for a stimulating and uplifting experience.

– Listen to a free podcast of the show below

Subscribe to Healing Times Radio Archive Podcasts

Airdate: May 6, 2010

Jackie Parker is a poet and novelist who employs meditation and interactive experiences in the classes she teaches at UCLA and to professional groups. We will explore her process of “No Thinking Writing,” the necessary qualities every artist needs, and how our writing can connect us to a greater awareness and sense of ourselves. She will share the experiences that have led her to conclude that every person has a gift of some sort that is absolutely required. What we all need, Jackie explains, is Love, to know each of our lives have meaning, be appreciated and valued, and to pass on what we know to others. We need to use our machines and computers wisely, then turn them off and discover the deeper oneness.

– Listen and download the audio for this show at the end of this post

Subscribe to Healing Times Radio Archive Podcasts